Thursday, January 10, 2008

No rush

I've been adding things to my Ravelry que. Again. I just want to knit everything. I've heard of some people talking about wanting to shorten their que, but I like having mine there, all 23 things that I absolutely must knit. I will, eventually, or maybe I won't.


Like the Swallowtail Shawl. I fell madly in love with it the very first time I saw a picture. In August I bought some KnitPick's Alpaca Cloud and a 24" circ and cast on. Four times. Then six more. Then waited a couple months. Then cast on three more times. No matter what, I just couldn't do it.

I knit the Flower Basket Shawl and realized that I'm not a dummy, I can knit lace. I decided to blame the yarn and needle and splurge. I bought a skein of Malabrigo Lace and an Addi Lace needle and, voila. Shawl. You get what you pay for.

I couldn't wait to wear it after blocking, so none of those glorious crisp post-blocking pictures, just the one.


Photobucket


Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark from the Fall 2006 issue of Interweave Knits
Malabrigo Lace in Tortuga
#4 24" Addi Lace


It's nice to wear just as a little lace bandana. Next up: an enormous Shetland triangle to wrap many a time about the neck.

1 comment:

micah said...

It's pretty cool.

For the hat on your other post, I TOTALLY feel your pain. I had a DK hat I'd worked on FOREVER and it was sized for a freaky mongoloid. I was heartbroken.

I don't know if I'll rip it and re-knit.